Paradise Cave adventure 7km is one of the most amazing day trip to explore the longest dry cave in the world (31km). Most of our tourists join our Paradise Cave 7km tour felt exciting and surprising by many beautiful stalactites and stalagmites
Thiên Đường Cave (Paradise Cave) is a cave in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park, UNESCO’s World Heritage Site, 60 km northwest of Đồng Hới city. The cave was discovered by a local man in 2005 and 5 first km of this cave was explored by explorers from British Cave Research Association in 2005, the whole 31 km was explored and publicly announced by the British cave explorers.
This cave is 31 km long, longer than Phong Nha Cave which had been considered the longest cave in this national park. The height can reach to 100 m and 150 wide. The limestone formation is also more spectacular than that of Phong Nha Cave. The British cave explorers was impressed by the beautiful and spectacular stalactites and stalagmites inside this cave and they named it Thiên Đường Cave (Paradise Cave).In 2012, a new scorpion species Vietbocap thienduongensis was found here.
Paradise cave is just allowed 1000m for visitors, 7000m deep more for adventurer.
Pickup and preparation for Paradise Cave discovery 7km
Our driver will pick up you at your hotel or appointment place in Dong Hoi City, then transfer to Paradise Cave about 75km far away. Equipment and food will be prepared by our local guide or cave expert and porters. They will meet you at the Paradise Cave Reception Hall to give you some safety instruction and cave equipment
You will be transferred further inside the forest to the foot of mountain. From here, you have to walk up over 500 steep steps or slope path to the mouth of Paradise Cave
Admire amazing stalactites and the stalagmites of Paradise Cave
At the end of the first 1000m kilometers along a wooden staircase, you can easily to take photos and admire hundreds of colorful stalactites and the stalagmites created millions years ago.
Discover the beauty of nature in the dark
Following our the experienced and enthusiastic guide to continue to adventure inside more 6000m with personal flashlight.
Overcoming the cliff path, challenging courage and perseverance of the people, you will discover and learn about the formation of stalactites systems colorful and rich in shape.
About 500met first, tube-shaped cave, where more than 80met highest, widest point is about 120met, occasionally we encounter blocks tall stalactite glittering like diamond. Deeper inside the stalactites and the stalagmites are increasingly diverse and unique, stone breast with a variety of colors and designs, like a hand of the Creator. This magic is in the darkness of caves still exists Heaven life of many species, such as fish, bats, spiders and crickets … hundred bats sticking on the ceiling in the first 3.5 km. According to the predictions of the British Royal Cave Association, there are certainly some doors around here to the outside world. And it is true that, as far as the bat cave about 200m, there is the junction of two shallow streams, we can enjoy cool breeze blowing from the spring. Stop at the first 4000m, customers choose for themselves the beauty and location shooting, kept interesting moments
Then, continue to do Kayak over streams, it is truly interesting and attractive during the journey. Pass through 100 meters above the stream, where we have sprawled down in order not to touch the ceiling.
Leaving small stream, the next journey, you have the opportunity to try their own courage to overcome the steep road, rugged land along the stream bed, where there are only narrow paths to a threaded through. The other side of the cylindrical stalactites, the cave looks like the labyrinth. Without a guide or warning signs are very easy to get lost in another ways.
After 1 hour, we will arrive the most beautiful place which is considered as “the Heaven Well”. According to the oriental concept of this is the harmony between heaven and earth to make things cosmic proliferate. Nature so close but always contain a mystery which no less exciting. Between the stream is smooth rocks as shaped by the hands of artisans, with different shapes and different colors look beautiful. The scenery here is nowhere
After enjoying lunch beside the underground stream, you relax, take photographs and preparing the journey back to the same way
The end of tour!
7.15 – 7.45 AM: Pickup time
We provide pickup service with shared car or private upon resquest around Dong Hoi City, at train station between 7:15 – 7:45 am (possible earlier) and around Phong Nha area between 8:15 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 9:15 am: Preperation and Instruction
Meet our local staffs: guide expert, porters and forest ranger. Prepare our equitment and listen to the safety instruction, regulation from our local staff for adventure
9:15 – 10:30 am Sightseeing and photographing
Transfer to inside the forest by Buggy cars. Walk up over 530 steps to the Paradise Cave and sightseeing first 1 km with clolorful lighting system.
10.30 AM – 13.00 PM: Exploring
You are ready for adventuring Paradise Cave 7km in the dark with helmets and lights. It’s quite easy for you for first 2 km walking on the seabed from thousands of years ago, huge caverns with ‘melodic’ stalactites and stalagmites. Half way you strip off and swim through a section of cold water, following the boat light or do kayak over underground river. Fascinating view at the end of the cave of sun streaming through the roof oriel turning golden stalactites
13.00 PM – 1.45 PM: Lunch and relax
Picnic lunch together at the Heaven Well of the Paradise and you also have free time to take photos by yourself
2.00 PM – 4.30 PM: Trek back
Check your stuffs and trek back the same way.
4.30 PM – 5.00 PM: Return
Our driver is waiting outside at the center, ready to transfer back to your hotel
Including: transportation, local guide expert, porters, picnic lunch, mineral water and cave equipment
Price offer: 99 usd /person
Pickup at: Paradise cave center
(extra private transfer service will be charged according to the distance from your hotel to the Paradise Cave Center)
- Tour price for shared car with other participants from Dong Hoi / Phong Nha: 119 usd /person (minimum 2 person)
Pay extra for private car service for only your group from Dong Hoi / Phong Nha
- Private 4 seater car service: 55 usd car for the group of 2-3 person
- Private 7 seater car service: 65 usd /car for the group of 4-5 person
- Private 16 seater car service: 85 usd /car for the group of 6-10 person
– Experienced tour guide, luggage porter
– Lunch as mentioned in the tour
– Tickets for Paradise Cave: 250.000 vnd
– Electric car transfers from the main entrance to the mountain
– 02 bottles of mineral water 0.5 for l person /day
– Travel Insurance during the tour
– Supplies of protection for trip
• And best to wear sturdy shoes (preferably waterproof for the small pools and muddy buts)
• Remember, it’s a trek! Put your brave hat on and trust your feet!
• Bring a backpack or camelback to carry your water if you want your hands free because this trek can be difficult at times, and you’ll need your hands to get over the slippery boulders safely
• The rocks are slippery and the swim section has sharp hidden rocks
• The guides/porters are IRREPLACEABLE in supporting less brave people along the slippery and difficult bits
• Children is under 16 years, pregnant women and elderly people with with high blood pressure or foot pain … are not recommended
What to bring:
It’s an adventure tour, but it’s not so difficult in my opinion. There are only some challenges for 2-3 last km to km7. So here are some our recommendation
– Good trek shoes to protect your feet. Because there sharp rock in few last km for the adventure
– Please bring your swimming suite. If you don’t want to swim inside the underground river, you can get on boat / kayak to cross it
– Bring dry bag or water proof bag to protect electronics such as camera and cell phone again the water when crossing the underground river by boat or swimming over
It’s dry season, and inside the cave is dry and you may feel comfortable to walk and trek. We don’t think water drop from the ceiling or muddy ground may make your camera wet
You just have a normal plastic bag or we can give you it while walking to put your electronics or use for any cases
– Small travel towel and toiletries (not necessary just in case)
Clip and photos from Paradise cave tour:
The road to Paradise Cave and 1st km for tourists