09 Oct Survival valley – Botanic Garden – Dark cave exploration 2 days overnight
Survival valley and Dark cave exploration 2 days overnight is a tour for those who love experience in the wide cave, forest and nature. It’s also a great adventure to explore unknown cave by tourists.
Visitors will be taken to Ho Chi Minh Trail West at Km15. We will trek to visit Botanic Garden, see stream, waterfall, wild animals, birds … Then, our tour guide will accompany you go through the vast grass hills to the Dau Rai population with hundreds of big trees. Around noon, we will go upstream of Tien stream to Nuoc Lan cave (the other entrance of Dark cave). You will explore about 500m inside the E cave with some specialized equipment.
Upon returning, you will enjoy lunch with a forest salad, fish, grilled meat, rice etc..
From Nuoc Lan cave, you will trek through the jungle to Thuy Cung cave which has strong blue water. With specialized flashlights, you will discover the mysterious Thuy Cung caves.
After an unforgettable night with camp fire among the vast primary forest. You will pick the dawn among the Survival Valley with 2,000 ha, surrounded by the steep limestone mountains and spectacular primeval forest
Normally, visitors need a good health to join the trekking tours. But the tour of Survival valley and Dark cave overnight is really easy for the visitors with the convenient trekking trails and terrain.
Day 1: Botanic Garden – Survival Valley
7.15 – 7.45 AM: Pickup time
We provide pickup service with shared car or private upon request around Dong Hoi City, at train station between 7:15 – 7:45 am (maybe earlier) and around Phong Nha area between 8:15 – 8:30 am
9:00 – 9:15 am: Preparation and Instruction
Meet our local staffs: guide expert, porters and forest ranger. Prepare our equipment and listen to the safety instruction, regulation from our local staff for adventure
9:45 – 10:30 am Sightseeing and photographing
Transfer to inside the forest. Start trekking to visit the wild life in the Botanic Garden: cool stream, waterfall, wild animals, birds, flower …
10.30 AM – 12.30 PM: Trekking and picnic lunch
Continue to go through the vast grass hills to the Dau Rai population with hundreds of big trees. Stop on the way to enjoy lunch with a forest salad, fish, grilled meat, rice ect..
12.30 PM – 15.00 PM: Exploring Survival Valley
Around noon, we will go upstream of Tien stream to Nuoc Lan cave (the other entrance of Dark cave). You will explore about 500m -1km inside the E cave with some specialized equipment
15.00 PM – 16:00 PM: Trek to the camping site at the back door of Dark cave
Rest and relax, you also have free time to take photos by yourself. Then prepare for BBQ dinner party with our staffs
17.30 PM – 20.00 PM: BBQ dinner party
Overnight inside the tent at the entrance of Dark Cave
Including: transportation, local guide expert, porters, forest ranger, lunch, BBQ dinner, mineral water, rice wine, cave equipment, tents
Day 2: Dark Cave Exploration 3km – Dark Cave with Zipline, Kayak and Mud Bath
6.30 PM – 7.30 PM: Good morning
Breakfast, tea or coffee and enjoy fresh air, wildlife at the valley
7.30 PM – 11.00 PM: Explore the Dark Cave
You are ready to explore the cave on your knees, on your belly, in the mud. The adventurers must be brave to swim inside the underground river, climb over sharp rocky cliff. Our experience staffs will help you overcome the adventure challenge
7.30 PM – 11.00 PM: Have fun at Dark Cave with Zipline, Kayak and Mud Bath
Continue to explore deeply inside the Dark Cave, after that come back to the main road to be picked by mini van to other side of Dark Cave spot
Lunch at Dark Cave restaurant
Continue to explore the Dark Cave to do other exploration, and have fun with zipline, kayak, mud bath, swimming, and playing other water sport games …
After the tour, transfer to Dong Hoi train station for the next destination to Hue / back to Hanoi
Including: local guide expert, porters, forest ranger, breakfast, lunch, mineral water, cave equipment, kayak, zipline
Tour price for 02 Days /night tour: $199 usd /person
(Min 2 persons, Max: 12 persons in 1 group)
- Pickup from Dong Hoi (8:00 am) and from Phong Nha (9:00 am)
- Drop off from Dong Hoi (17:30 pm) and from Phong Nha (16:30 pm)
- Transportation (Depart in Dong Hoi)
- Entrance fees, special permits.
- Tour guide expert
- Picnic lunch and BBQ dinner for 2 days tour
- Tour supervisor / forest ranger
- Local Porters
- Trekking equipments (tents, hammocks, torches, First Aid Kit)
- Mineral water, wet tissues
- Value Added Tax
- Tips for local porters and tour guide
- Expenses out of planned cost
Note on client safety: We reserve the right to deviate from this itinerary for any reasons, including road and weather conditions or for any other factor which may influence client
• And best to wear sturdy shoes (preferably waterproof for the small pools and muddy buts)
• Remember, it’s a trek! Put your brave hat on and trust your feet!
• Bring a backpack or camelback to carry your water if you want your hands free because this trek can be difficult at times, and you’ll need your hands to get over the slippery boulders safely
• The rocks are slippery and the swim section has sharp hidden rocks
• The guides/porters are IRREPLACEABLE in supporting less brave people along the slippery and difficult bits
• Children is under 16 years, pregnant women and elderly people with with high blood pressure or foot pain … are not recommended
What to bring:
It’s an adventure tour, but it’s not so difficult in my opinion. There are only some challenges for 2-3 last km to km7. So here are some our recommendation
– Small travel towelanti-insect repellent (mosquitos & and leeches are majority), warm clothes for cold weather, rain coat, toiletries, original passport.
– Good trek shoes to protect your feet. Because there sharp rock in few last km for the adventure
– Please bring your swimming suite. If you don’t want to swim inside the underground river, you can get on boat / kayak to cross it
– Bring dry bag or water proof bag to protect electronics such as camera and cell phone again the water when crossing the underground river by boat or swimming over
It’s dry season, and inside the cave is dry and you may feel comfortable to walk and trek. We don’t think water drop from the ceiling or muddy ground may make your camera wet
You just have a normal plastic bag or we can give you it while walking to put your electronics or use for any cases